Stargate to China

Our adoption journey to China.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Xiu Fu Ji is here!


Soon to be
Shayna FuJi






Wow, it is finally happenning! When I received the call from our agency yesterday (Friday) I was anxious and happy at the same time. It felt like we have been waiting for this moment forever and the moment has finally arrived. During the past week I have been pretty much useless in my work since my mind was somewhere in China. Hubby was his usual calm and logical man who waited to see the material in our hands before getting excited about the referral.
Our Fed-Ex package just arrived and we rushed to open it. As soon as we saw the photos we fell in love with her. She is SO adorable in our non-biased opinion. he he. Most of her records were in Chinese and we are waiting for the translation but so far we know that she was born in August 2006, she is healthy, happy, weighs 14.3 lbs and is 24 inches in length. She is at the Xiushan Social Welfare Institute in the city of Chongqing, Sichuan Province. We cannot wait to finally hold her in our arms.

28 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Sue,

I am so excited to know that you finally received your referral pictures. She looks so adorable and beautiful! I know that you can't wait to hold her in your arms. I hope that your travel call will come soon!

Caroline

1:30 PM  
Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Congratulations!!! SHe's a true doll Enjoy the moment. It's a wonderful feeling.

Deb
(OCT DTC group)

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzy and Carlton

Fu Ji is divine!! Congratulations. I am so happy for you she does look happy and healthy.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter. She's lovely!

Steph
http://journey-to-lindsey.blogspot.com

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - she is simply beautiful! Happy planning and preparing! What a wonderful season of your lives!

Heather (Oct DTC)
www.adoptionvoyages.com/hannah

6:03 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Crotchety said...

Mazal tov, Suzy!

She is gorgeous. :) It is a bit late to call now, but I will talk with you tomorrow!

Love,
Little Sis

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There,

You don't know me, but I just had to post because she IS beautiful. What a cutie. You enjoy her now!!!
Best Wishes!
Keely

11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sue -

I believe I congratulated you on Oct grp but she is a true cutie! I am so pleased for you both!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Alyson

1:38 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

She is simply Gorgeous! Congratulations!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Irena said...

Congrats! My daughter is also from Xiushan, we adopted her July 05. Join the Xiushan Board if you haven't already!! :-)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations! Our daughter's share part of their name! Ours is Yang Fu Ji (now Marcie YangFuJi), also from Chongqing-- but from Yunyang Chengxiang SWI. I'm so happy for you! She is beautiful.
Karen in San Diego
http://bsinchina.blogspot.com

5:09 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Congratulations!! She's precious.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi-- I don't see an "email me" option, so I hope you see this comment! Our daughter's name, which was Yang Fu Ji at the time of referral, means Season of Rich Fortune. The Yang is her last name-- for the orphanage (all children from Yunyang have that last name). Fu is Season. Ji is Rich Fortune. BUT there are four different meanings for Fu and four different meanings for Ji (I think that's the right number) because Fu and Ji are pronounced differently based on their Chinese Characters-- you have to look up the character and get the English translation for the right one. Ji which means Season, for instance, is VERY similar to the Chinese character pronounced Li in English. When we got Marcie's referral, they told us her name was Yang Fu Li at first-- we did some research (my mother in law is from China) and then followed up because we thought they might have it wrong (they did). Hope that helps! Enjoy your ride on cloud nine! :)
Karen in San Diego
http://bsinchina.blogspot.com

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mammarazzi Madness said...

She is beautiful ...
Just beautiful ....
Congrats !
Andrea

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sandy H. said...

She is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!


Sandy

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable, precious and beautiful! Congratulations to you :)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is cute and very serious in those pictures. I wish you all the best.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Congratulations to you both!!!! Your daughter is just beautiful!!!! I look forward to seeing more photos when you finally have her in your arms!
Congrats again!
Cindy A.
LID 1-16-2007

1:36 PM  
Blogger Cherith said...

Oh my she is just DARLING!!! Congratulations!!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Look at her sweet face!! She is so BEAUTIFUL!!

Congratulations!!!

~Dawn

5:13 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I agree, she is so adorable!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Crotchety said...

mazal tov!!!
thanks for the mistirious wonderful ways that bring such beautiful people into our family.

ora

1:16 PM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What a sweet girl...congrats... Love Felicity
http://flissandmikeadventures.blogspot.com/

2:38 PM  
Blogger RoLo said...

Congratulations:)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Research-China.Org said...

Congratulations on your referral. We have a great DVD of Xiushan taken last November, as well as the finding ad of your daughter. Come visit us at www.research-china.org for more information.

Safe travels!

Brian

5:04 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful daughter you have!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jewels of My Heart said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Congratulations on your miracle.
God's Speed

7:11 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Suzy and Carlton,

Congrats on your referral. She is adorable and I am sooooo happy for you!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home